Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam has recently released the official notification of DTE Assam Engineering & Technological Scholarship for the session 2020-2021. Interested and eligible students who are studying Diploma, Degree and PG Degree courses of Engineering & Technology and PG Degree/ Diploma courses in Business Management and Administration may apply online for this scholarship.
- Details of the scholarship
Name of scholarship: Engineering & Technological Merit Scholarship
Awarding authority: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam
Application mode: Online
Last date: 14/01/2021
official notification: click here
2. Eligibility for the scholarship:
- Only a candidate who is a permanent resident of Assam will be eligible for Scholarship and Book Grant. Permanent Resident Certificate to be submitted.
- The income of the beneficiary’s parents/guardians shall not exceed Rs. 5.00 Lacs per annum. An income certificate in original from competent authority (Deputy Commissioner/ Addl. Deputy Commissioner/Sub-Divisional Officer/Circle Officer) must be submitted with hard-copy of application to be submitted through the respective Institutions.
- The minimum qualifying marks for Undergraduate, Post Graduate courses should be 70% in PCM for BE/ B.Tech, 70% in BE/ B.Tech for ME/M.Tech for General/ OBC/MOBC and 60% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination. For Diploma courses, minimum qualifying marks shall be 65% for General/OBC/ MOBC and 55% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying examination.
- The Scholarship and Book Grant will be renewed every year subject to the condition that the student secures at least 60% marks up to the previous semesters and passed all subjects in one attempt.
- The applicant should be a bonafide student of any of the Govt. Engineering Colleges or Polytechnics of Assam. The student must not be in receipt of any other Scholarship or other financial assistance from any other sources except Special Merit Scholarship for Girl Students. An undertaking is to be made by the candidate in the application form.